Parent And Teacher Comments
We conducted a survey to evaluate our instructors and our teaching techniques. Here are only a few comments from the numerous surveys returned.
Q: What did you like most about the chess program?
- The enthusiasm it created for learning something new. They taught them something they can keep forever. Tracy Graham, 5th grade teacher.
- The kids really were thinking when they played the game. They were having so much fun they didn’t realize it. T. Muralami, teacher.
- It provides children a chance to learn the game, use higher thinking skills and it is something they can do for the rest of their lives. M. Demuir, 1st grade teacher.
How do you feel the chess program has benefited your students academically?
- It has taught them to think strategically, to concentrate and to have patience. Tracy Graham, 5th grade teacher.
- My students are able to sit longer and concentrate on finishing a task. Liann Hirokawa, kindergarten teacher.
- They can think logically and predict others’ movements. Spatial relations reinforced. Anonymous teacher, Torrance School District.
Teachers comment about our effectiveness.
- As a teacher, I have observed many different instructors work with children some excellent, others not so well qualified. The Chess Tutors set a new standard for excellence. They are knowledgeable, organized, dynamic presenters. Kathryn Sullivan, Teacher
- In 15 years of teaching, I’ve seen many programs brought to school sites and this by far is my favorite. The Style of the delivery, the engagement of all the students, regardless of academic level, emotional level etcâ€¦ All boundaries were dropped and learning through fun took place… Kristen Roman, Teacher
- Chess Tutors has given several “at-risk” students a reason to come to school… Lou Mardesich, Principal
How would you describe the instructor’s interaction with the school?
- Outstanding! I can’t imagine anyone doing as good a job as Ellington. Anonymous teacher, Torrance School District.
- The children adored him. He was also highly respected. He really did an outstanding job!! S. Eads, 1st grade teacher.
- Student engagement was extremely high throughout so every student learned and benefited. The presentations not only got the students excited about chess, but also had a positive impact on the teaching staff…Dave Hoffman, Principal
- Students were developing cognitive abilities that can be applied to many academic situations. Chess Test Tutors is a capable and dynamic organization that is always willing to do what it takes to ensure that the students they serve receive the best… Kim Lattimore, Principal